WHAT IS AWANA?
The acronym ‘Awana’ comes from the first letters of Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed as taken from 2 Timothy 2:15. Awana is an international, Bible-centered children's ministry and youth ministry providing local churches with weekly clubs, programs and training for students ages 2 through high school.
THE AWANA PRAYER: (the purpose statement of Awana)
Our prayer is that all children and youth throughout the world will come to know, love, and serve the Lord Jesus Christ. Know our desire is that every child and youth will know Jesus personally and know that he has eternal life because he trusts in Jesus.(Phil. 3:10, John 17:3; Romans 1:16) Love the Lord desires intimacy with his children. We want to disciple children and youth to grow in their love towards God and others. (Eph. 3:19; 1 John 2:5-Serve serving Christ is a supernatural by-product of loving Him. We want believers to experience the joy of serving. (Col. 1:10; 2 Timothy 3:17; Eph. 2:10)
To be a strategic partner with churches and ministries in a global effort to ensure the opportunity for all children and youth to be evangelized and discipled in Christ.
- We will glorify God and serve the body of Christ by committing ourselves to these values:
- We proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ with clarity and urgency.
- We commit to God*s Word as our guide and standard.
- We treat all people as created and loved by God.
- We maintain a servant heart in all we do.
- We manage God*s resources with faithfulness & integrity.
- We pursue excellence as unto the Lord.
AWANA'S 5 PRINCIPLES:
- Awana is centered on the gospel.
- Scripture memory is a key element.
- Awana is exciting and fun.
- Children and youth are trained to serve.
- Awana is built on volunteer leadership.